Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated 5,900 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 17,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
We are seeking a Maintenance Support person to join our Roving Maintenance Team for the Summer of 2022! The Summer Maintenance Support person will report to the Regional Facilities Manager and will work alongside our seasoned maintenance professionals, working on light maintenance items related to the following:
- Light Electrical
- Appliance repair
- Light air handler and general HVAC maintenance
- Lock changes
- Apartment turnovers
- Preventative maintenance
- Installation and repair of window coverings, doors, cabinets, light fixtures, etc.
The Summer Maintenance Support person will also be responsible for supporting curb appeal initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Light landscaping
- Trash & debris removal
- Daily cleaning items on occasion as needed
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability and willingness to learn how to troubleshoot and make repairs in all maintenance and curb appeal areas listed above
- Ability to engage in high level customer service that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations of residents, staffs, vendors, community members, etc…
- Must have a commitment to learning and participating in Aeon’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
- Possess a prideful work ethic and be a team player
- Possess a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and vehicle insurance
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb, bend and kneel for extended periods of time
- Ability to complete daily tours between properties including but not limited to inspecting grounds, common areas, hallways, stairwell and apartment homes
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to reach above and below the shoulders
- Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist and pull
- Ability to withstand external weather conditions such as working outside in the rain, cold, heat or other adverse weather
- Ability to quickly respond to sights and sounds that may pose a threat to persons or property
Pay, Hours & Length of Position
This position pays $16-$18/hr. Full and part-time positions available, with full-time preferred. Typical hours are Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm. This temporary position will extend for up to 11 weeks over the summer of 2022.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/2387658.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon values a diverse work environment. People of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.