Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated 5,900 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 17,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
We are seeking a Maintenance Technician in Training to join our team! Over the course of six months to one year, the Maintenance Technician in Training program will cover a well-rounded set of training topics surrounding aspects of the physical operations of our apartment communities that includes the responsibility to ensure that Aeon standards are met in each of the following areas: preventative maintenance, safety and security, physical condition, market appeal, customer service promises, and utility conservation standards. The Maintenance Technician in Training will report to the Regional Facilitates Manager and will work closely with Aeon’s Roving Maintenance Technicians who will serve as mentors throughout the Maintenance in Training Program.
Key areas of training include, but are not limited to:
- Appliance repair
- Air handler and general HVAC maintenance
- Lock changes
- Apartment turnovers
- Preventative maintenance
- Installation and repair of window coverings, doors, cabinets, light fixtures, etc.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability and willingness to learn how to troubleshoot and make repairs in all maintenance areas listed above
- Ability to engage in high level customer service that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations of residents, staffs, vendors, community members, etc… is required
- Must have a commitment to learning and participating in Aeon’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
- Possess a prideful work ethic and be a team player
- Possess a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and vehicle insurance
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb, bend and kneel for extended periods of time
- Ability to complete daily tours between properties including but not limited to inspecting grounds, common areas, hallways, stairwell and apartment homes
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to reach above and below the shoulders
- Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist and pull
- Ability to withstand external weather conditions such as working outside in the rain, cold, heat or other adverse weather
- Ability to quickly respond to sights and sounds that may pose a threat to persons or property
Successfully completing the training program
Maintenance Technicians in Training will be assessed every three months in the skills they have learned. When the Maintenance Technician in Training has passed all assessments, they will have the opportunity to interview for a Maintenance Technician position that is open on or after they have completed the training program.
This position pays $16-$18/hr while the staff person is in the Maintenance Technician in Training position. Aeon offers a compressive benefit package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/2387625.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon values a diverse work environment. People of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.