Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated 5,900 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 17,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
Aeon is seeking a Leasing Agent to provide sales, marketing and customer service support for Aeon’s apartment communities. This position is a very sales-oriented position and the ideal candidate will be highly goal-oriented. The Leasing Agent reports to the Site Manager.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain current knowledge of apartment availability, rates and features
- Greet prospective residents and discuss their housing needs and desires
- Review information packet, floor plans, deposits, etc. and present information regarding community offerings
- Follow established policies and procedures in the qualification, screening and acceptance of applicants for residency, in line with Fair Housing and Covid safety guidelines
- Conduct property and apartment tours to include the showing of amenities, models and available apartments
- Maintain prospect and leasing information using RentCafe
- Follow up within 48 hours of showing with prospective resident if lease was not signed and send appropriate thank you card
- Prepare property information packet
- Complete staff trainings as required
- Maintain and safeguard confidential information
- Remain flexible, receptive and adaptive to change
- Perform other related duties as requested by Supervisor
Skills and Qualifications
- At least one year of face-to-face sales experience is required
- Proven ability to “close” a sale
- Must have valid driver’s license, vehicle, and vehicle insurance
- Ability to engage in interpersonal communication that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations
- Working knowledge of basic accounting practices
- Proven ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize work projects
- Bilingual is a plus
- Must have a commitment to learning and participating in Aeon’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 10lbs
- Ability to reach above and below the shoulders
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to complete daily tours between properties including but not limited to inspecting grounds, hallways, stairwell and apartment homes
- Ability to file, open and close file drawers, and enter data into a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to withstand external weather conditions
Full-time or Part-time positions may be available. Full-time hours are typically Monday – Friday 9:30am-6pm and vary by position. Part-time hours are also available by position. Must be flexible with schedule to meet the needs of the community and property teams.
This position starts at $18-$20/hr plus commission depending on qualifications and the position. Aeon’s comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on the above link to the position that interests you most.
Position is open until filled.
Aeon values a diverse work environment. Individuals with disabilities, persons from BIPOC communities, the LGBTQ+ community, and people from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.