Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated 5,900 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 17,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
The Human Resource Assistant provides full support to the Human Resource Generalist and also assists the broader Human Resource and Administration team. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual looking to start or further their career within the Human Resources arena. This highly detail-oriented professional will perform a wide variety of administrative and clerical tasks relating to benefits, payroll, HRIS, training and development, recruitment and office management. This position will report to the Human Resources Generalist.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meet with newly hired employees to facilitate employment paperwork
- Meet newly hired employees to guide them through first day orientation
- Assist with employee background check and fingerprint process
- Prepare termination paperwork and conduct exit meetings to collect supplies
- Coordinate and assist employees with monthly and annual insurance benefits enrollment; process and reconcile invoices; and mail vendor payments
- Complete employment verifications
- Assist with daily maintenance of HRIS (e.g. uploading documents, data entry of new hires, terminations and other changes)
- File, scan and maintain confidential personnel, medical, payroll and retirement files
- Coordinate organization’s employee vehicle insurance tracking
- Manage employee uniform ordering, distribution, collection and coordinate dry cleaning
- Maintain performance review tracking log and prepare monthly reports
- Payroll assistance: assist with time-tracking system review each pay period in preparation for payroll processing; prepare labor distribution report; distribute paychecks and other payments
- General administrative tasks: filing; processing check requests, invoices and daily mail; preparing weekly staff updates; maintaining labor law posters for various locations; ad hoc reporting
- Assist in various aspects of the organization’s recruitment and selection process
- Assist with calendaring, arrange meeting locations and set-up
- Coordinate and assist with office management duties (e.g. cover Receptionist lunches)
- Provide support for special projects including research and gathering data on various topics
- Perform other duties as required
Skills & Qualifications
- One or more recent years of solid administrative experience; preference given for experience supporting a busy HR department
- Experience with employee benefits programs and payroll preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and demonstrated ability to learn new systems
- Possess excellent math and accurate data entry skills with superb attention-to-detail, and follow through
- Ability to engage in interpersonal communication, both written and verbal, that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations
- Must have a commitment to learning and participating in Aeon’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
- Proactive ownership approach to work, ability to appropriately and discreetly handle confidential information
- Ability to apply effective time management and self-management skills in a busy work environment; ability to meet deadlines despite regular interruptions
- Solid and proven work ethic with the ability to work independently using good judgment to plan, prioritize and execute wide-ranging workload
- Outstanding organizational skills and high sense of urgency
- Must demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 10lbs
- Ability to reach above and below the shoulders
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to file, open and close file drawers, and enter data into a computer for extended periods of time
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Aeon offers an impressive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/2473699.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon values a diverse work environment. People of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.