Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 5,896 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 17,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
The Grants Manager is a part of Aeon’s Advancement Team. This team is responsible for driving revenue for the organization and managing its brand.
Under the supervision of the Director of Philanthropy, the Grants Manager is responsible for planning and implementing strategy for grant activity at Aeon, including foundation, corporation, public, and program related investments. This includes writing, editing, relationship building, pre and post submission stewardship, project management, and more. The Grants Manager is responsible for supervising a full-time Grant Writer and contract grant writers.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Management: Play a leadership role on the Advancement team at Aeon. Supervise the Grant Writer and Grant Contractors. Lead a collaborative team that meets established goals and timelines and works with other leaders to implement Aeon’s vision and strategic plans. Promote a culture of continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to equity. Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach.
- Grants: Oversee submission of and reporting on grants for institutional funders. Project manage and write public grant submissions. Engage and work with contract grant writers and researchers as needed. Build budgets for projects as needed, ensuring funding is covering appropriate expenses.
- Project Management: Ensure grant funded activities are carried out according to grant requirements. Collaborate with cross functional teams to remain up to date on activities and ensure billing is submitted.
- Stewardship: With assistance of Grant Writer, strategize and implement a pre and post submission stewardship process that increases funding. Facilitate the research of new opportunities and participate in relationship-building strategy development for key funders.
- Advancement Team Activities: Participate as an active member of the Advancement team, including supporting other activities as needed, including special events, donor communications, etc. Actively develop and maintain relationships to help recruit for other Advancement team positions. Represent Aeon at public events. Pursue professional development activities to broaden and enhance skill set.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years previous experience in a grants role is required, with experience in public grants strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and ability to increase grant revenue.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with a high attention to detail.
- Strong organization and planning skills; ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Strong ability to engage in interpersonal interactions that are culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations.
- Strong natural ability for building relationships. Interest in actively interacting with supporters, likable demeanor, and ability to make good first impressions. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Sense of ownership, accountability, and a deep passion for the mission and values of Aeon.
- Must have a commitment to learning and participating in Aeon’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
- Management experience or experience developing grant writers strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Salesforce a plus.
This full-time, salaried position pays $70,000 to $80,000 annually depending on experience and qualifications. Aeon’s comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter, and two grant writing samples (one successful and one unsuccessful) to: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/2361768.html
Applicants are encouraged to submit their application and by Wednesday, May 25, as we are moving quickly to fill this position.
Position is open until filled.
Aeon values a diverse work environment. People of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.