Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated 5,900 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 17,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
We are seeking experienced security and customer service professionals to perform front desk duties with some light security functions at our Minneapolis supportive housing communities. The Front Desk staff will report to the Property Managers.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Must become closely acquainted with the property and its residents, vendors, etc. in order to foster a sense of community and home while maintaining professional boundaries
- Enforce building rules and regulations, monitor building’s security cameras and alarms, and maintain the harmony of the residents and their guests
- Must be able to take charge and direct others in emergencies as they arise
- Compose comprehensive reports outlining observations and activities during your assigned shift
- Administrative duties including assembling resident files, processing move-in and move-out paperwork, assisting Property Manager with recertification paperwork for existing residents and other duties as assigned
- Answer/route all incoming phone calls, maintain welcoming environment, answer general inquiries
- Assist residents and effectively and professionally diffuse resident or visitor confrontations, while acting decisively in any crisis situation
- Effectively and accurately communicate all housing requirements/criteria for incoming marketing inquiries
- Maintain desk area and lobby to ensure neat and professional appearance
Skills & Qualifications
- 1+ years of security-related experience is required
- Ability to engage in high level customer service that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations of residents, staffs, vendors, community members, etc… is required
- Prior experience with vulnerable communities and/or communities experiencing chronic and persistent mental illness is preferred
- Must possess excellent verbal communication skills, exceptional phone etiquette and superior customers service
- Must have a commitment to learning and participating in Aeon’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
- Proven ability to create and sustain positive resident relations while maintaining professional boundaries
- Must show good judgment and common sense, follow directions and directives from supervisors, and follow company policies and guidelines
- Knowledge of, and ability to, operate under fair housing laws and regulations
- Proven ability to work independently and on a team
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Must be a self-starter and problem-solver
- Must have the ability to maintain prompt and committed attendance
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs
- Ability to reach above and below the shoulders
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to complete daily tours between properties including but not limited to inspecting grounds, common areas, hallways, stairwell and apartment homes
- Ability to quickly respond to sights and sounds that may pose a threat to persons or property
- Ability to file, open and close file drawers, and enter data into a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to withstand external weather conditions
Front Desk roles start at $16/hr. Aeon’s comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for any of these positions, please click the link above for the position that most interests you to visit the online application.
Position is open until filled.
Aeon values a diverse work environment. People of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.