Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated 5,900 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 17,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
We are seeking an experienced and accomplished business management and community-building professional to join our team at Huntington Place in Brooklyn Park, MN. The Community Manager will lead a two building, 236-unit team, focusing on resident and community relationship-building, leasing, rent collection, and other daily property management operations. The Community Manager will supervise a team of maintenance and cleaning personnel and will report to the Area Manager and/or Portfolio Manager.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Community Engagement & Resident Services: Work with the community team and outside parties to support Aeon residents’ engagement within their community. Engage in high level customer service that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations of residents, staffs, vendors, community members, etc. Cultivate relationships with community members and organizations to support Aeon residents’ sense of security and belonging. Develop supportive, professional relationships with residents that help enhance the quality of their lives.
- Property Finances: Assist with the entire rent collection process including: issuing receipts to residents, preparing deposits, and creating delinquent letters. Support the Huntington Place team with lease termination and legal action, if necessary. Assist in managing the property’s budget by making sound fiscal decisions to increase the net operating income of the community.
- Marketing & Leasing: Obtain occupancy goals as set by the budget/organization by assisting with the marketing, processing applications, retaining residents, and affirmative marketing.
- Office/Administrative Support: Support the apartment community by being present during property office hours, answering the telephone, filing, sort mail, maintaining office equipment, ordering office supplies, referring residents, providing accurate rental information, and giving access to vendors/contractors.
- Physical Asset: Support the team to ensure unit and common area components pass all physical inspections. Inspect apartments during move-in and move outs, walking apartments and the community as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated accomplishments in business operations, supervision and team building of at least 3+ persons and community-building are required
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations and with people with high barriers
- Experience working directly with individuals experiencing or significantly impacted by mental health, substance use, poverty, and trauma is strongly preferred
- Ability to engage in high level customer service that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations of residents, staff, vendors, and community members is required
- Must have a commitment to learning and participating in Aeon’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
- Must be a resourceful problem solver with attention to detail and a seeker of excellence who values results, hard work, customer service, and loyalty to Aeon’s mission
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, be adaptable and comfortable in a high energy environment
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 10lbs
- Ability to reach above and below the shoulders
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to complete daily tours between properties including but not limited to inspecting grounds, hallways, stairwell and apartment homes
- Ability to file, open and close file drawers, and enter data into a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to withstand external weather conditions
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Aeon offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/2370056.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon values a diverse work environment. People of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.