Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated 5,900 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 17,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
We are seeking administrative and customer service professionals who will support the management, compliance and leasing at our apartment communities in the Twin Cities! The Assistant Property Manager is a business leader who focuses on resident customer service and assists in managing operations, leasing activity, renewals, collections, financial reporting, supplies, and communications of a multi-million-dollar apartment community. This position requires unmatched customer service and someone who thrives in a customer-centric, fast-paced environment. This individual will also support the Property Manager in maintaining the physical building, in partnership with the maintenance team, to protect and maintain the asset and promote financial health of the property by achieving the annual budget goals. The Assistant Property Manager reports to the Property Manager.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Resident/Property Relations: Respond to resident, vendor and management needs, issues, or problems. Duties may include: entering maintenance requests, granting access as needed, attending community meetings as needed and responding to emergencies.
- Office/Administrative Support: Support the site office by being present during property office hours, answering telephone, filing, sorting mail, maintaining office equipment, ordering office supplies, referring residents, providing accurate rental information, and giving access to vendors/contractors.
- Compliance: Support the Property Manager in achieving overall compliance of the property, including, but not limited to collecting, processing and properly filing of the required information.
- Property Finances: Lead the entire rent collection process including: issuing receipts to residents, preparing deposits, and creating delinquent letters. Support Property Manager with lease termination and legal action, if necessary. Assist in managing the property’s budget by making sound fiscal decisions to increase the net operating income of the community.
- Marketing & Leasing: Obtain occupancy goals as set by the budget/organization by marketing, processing applications, retaining residents, and affirmative marketing.
- Physical Asset: Support the Property Manager to ensure unit and common area components pass all physical inspections. Inspect apartments during move-in and move outs, walking apartments and the community as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous property management experience and/or administrative support experience is preferred
- Ability to engage in high level customer service that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations of residents, staffs, vendors, community members, etc… is required
- Must have a commitment to learning and participating in Aeon’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
- Must be a resourceful problem solver with an attention to details and a seeker of excellence who values results, hard work, customer service, and loyalty to Aeon’s mission
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, be adaptable and comfortable in a high energy environment
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs
- Ability to reach above and below the shoulders
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to complete daily tours between properties including but not limited to inspecting grounds, hallways, stairwell and apartment homes
- Ability to file, open and close file drawers, and enter data into a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to withstand external weather conditions
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Aeon offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees which includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button above for the location that may interest you.
Position is open until filled.
Aeon values a diverse work environment. People of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.