Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated 5,900 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 17,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
Under the supervision of the Resource Development Manager, the Annual Fund Coordinator is responsible for the cultivation and care of our non-managed, annual fund donors. This includes gift processing, gift acknowledgment, acquisition, stewardship, and events. This position is perfect for someone ready to own strategic pieces of a fundraising program, who enjoys interacting with new people, and has strong attention to detail.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- In partnership with the Resource Development Manager, plan and implement stewardship strategies for recurring donors, peer-to peer-donors, and staff donors. Includes calls, emails, personalization of letters, and other tactics, as appropriate.
- Plan and implement our fall peer-to-peer fundraiser, Hustle for Home. Create and implement a strategy for engaging participants and event donors throughout the year.
- Build a culture of philanthropy with Aeon staff through a yearly staff engagement campaign, engaging with exiting staff to transition into Aeon supporters, and ensuring new hires learn about the opportunity to give to Aeon.
- Own gift entry and pledge process, entering all gifts and generating thank you letters within 24 hours of receipt.
- Ensure donors with pledges and lapsed credit cards are stewarded appropriately so they fulfill their gift. Includes writing letter reminders, invoicing, follow-up phone and email communications.
- Ensure all annual fund donor information and interactions are tracked accordingly.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the affordable housing climate in the Twin Cities and be able to speak to Aeon’s role in this ecosystem with supporters.
- Champion a culture of philanthropy that celebrates donors and engages employees as ambassadors for Aeon.
- Working in the office is necessary for this role; however, this position can be hybrid to include a combination of working from home and from the office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum two years’ experience in a fundraising, marketing, or client-facing role
- Strong ability to engage in interpersonal interactions that are culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations.
- Strong natural ability for building relationships. Interest in actively interacting with supporters, likable demeanor, and ability to make good first impressions. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong organization and planning skills; ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Sense of ownership, accountability, and a deep passion for the mission and values of Aeon.
- Must have a commitment to learning and participating in Aeon’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Salesforce a plus.
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 10lbs
- Ability to reach above and below the shoulders
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to file, open and close file drawers, and enter data into a computer for extended periods of time
This full-time hourly position pays between $23-$26 per hour depending on experience and qualifications. Aeon’s comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/2299805.html
Aeon values a diverse work environment. People of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.