Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated 5,900 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 17,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you’ll discover hard work that’s worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
We are seeking experienced administrative and customer service professionals to join our team and support Aeon properties throughout the Twin Cites area Roving Administrative Assistants! This Roving Administrative Assistant position will support our teams with a variety of administrative, leasing and customer service functions in our work to create and preserve quality affordable housing. Roving Administrative Assistants will report to Roving Senior Site Manager.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Office/Administrative Support: Support the site office by being present during property office hours, answering telephone, filing, sorting mail, maintaining office equipment, ordering office supplies, referring residents, providing accurate rental information, and giving access to vendors/contractors.
- Resident/Property Relations: Respond to resident, vendor and management needs, issues, or problems. Duties may include: entering maintenance requests, granting access as needed, and responding to emergencies.
- Marketing & Leasing: Obtain occupancy goals as set by the budget/organization by marketing, showing apartment, following up on inquiries and leads, processing applications, retaining residents, and affirmative marketing.
- Front Desk Coverage: Aeon’s Roving Administrative Assistant will support coverage needs at Aeon’s front desks in the absence of our Front Desk staff. This could include partial or full shift coverage of our 1st and 2nd shifts.
Skills & Qualifications
- Specific positions may have language skills and cultural competence requirements in line with community needs
- Demonstrated success in detail-oriented administrative support functions as well as face-to-face customer/client interactions is required
- Ability to engage in high level customer service that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations of residents, staffs, vendors, community members, etc…
- Must have a commitment to learning and participating in Aeon’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
- Must be a resourceful problem solver with an attention to details and a seeker of excellence who values results, hard work, customer service, and loyalty to Aeon’s mission
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, be adaptable and comfortable in a high energy environment
- Strong computer literacy skills preferred
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 10lbs
- Ability to reach above and below the shoulders
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to complete daily tours between properties including but not limited to inspecting grounds, hallways, stairwell and apartment homes
- Ability to file, open and close file drawers, and enter data into a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to withstand external weather conditions
This position compensates between $17-$20/hr depending on experience. Work hours are in-person, typically Monday – Friday 8:30am-5pm. Aeon offers a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on the button above for the location that may interest you.
Position is open until filled.
Aeon values a diverse work environment. People of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.