Aeon is an award-winning nonprofit developer, owner and manager of high-quality affordable apartment homes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area. Aeon has built or renovated more than 4,100 apartments and townhomes, which provide stability to nearly 8,500 people each year – including individuals and families with low to moderate incomes and formerly homeless individuals. Established in 1986, Aeon has built quality affordable homes, connected residents to stabilizing resources and managed its properties as long-term assets. Aeon’s mission is to create and sustain quality affordable homes that strengthen lives and communities. To learn more about Aeon, please visit www.aeon.org.
Aeon is seeking a dedicated Staff Accountant with strong attention to detail to join our Accounting Team. This position will be primarily focused on Property Management and Operations. The position requires good financial, analytical and problem-solving skills. The Staff Accountant will interact with a variety of internal and external personnel, requiring strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships. The Staff Accountant reports to the Property Accounting Manager.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing and performing:
- Review and process accounts payable including processing vendor payments
- Vendor statement reconciliation
- Intercompany accounting
- Sales and use tax monitoring and filings
- General ledger and vacancy reconciliations
- Bank statement reconciliation
- Month end financial close and reporting
- Assist in annual audits and budgeting process
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field or commensurate work experience
- Financial, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
- Yardi experience preferred, but not required
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Aeon offers an impressive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/958993.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.