Resident Connections Coordinator (Elliot Park & Phillips neighborhoods of Minneapolis, MN)
Aeon is an award-winning nonprofit developer, owner and manager of high-quality affordable apartment homes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area. Aeon has built or renovated more than 4,100 apartments and townhomes, which provide stability to nearly 8,500 people each year – including individuals and families with low to moderate incomes and formerly homeless individuals. Established in 1986, Aeon has built quality affordable homes, connected residents to stabilizing resources and managed its properties as long-term assets. Aeon’s mission is to create and sustain quality affordable homes that strengthen lives and communities. To learn more about Aeon, please visit www.aeon.org.
We are seeking an experienced and accomplished direct service professional to join our Resident Connections team, partnering with residents in the Elliot Park and Phillips neighborhoods of Minneapolis. The Resident Connections Coordinator develops and implements strategies for resident stability and community-building. This energetic, relatable and adaptable Coordinator will work as part of a team to assist residents in maintaining housing stability, supporting access to community resources, and fostering engagement amongst a diverse resident community. This position will report to the Resident Connections Manager.
Key position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Welcome new residents and actively build relationships and offering information and support to those wishing to access resources as well as residents with negative outcome indicators related to housing stability.
- Assist residents in understanding their rights and responsibilities under a resident lease. This includes reviewing the house rules and explaining the eviction process.
- Identify, develop and maintain referral partnerships with local social service agencies that effectively assist residents to achieve their basic needs and life goals in areas including education, employment, mental and physical health. Accessing mental health crisis services or Adult Protective Services for residents is a common component of the position.
- Develop supportive professional relationships with residents that help enhance the quality of their lives, empower and encourage them in taking the steps to achieve self-sufficiency.
- Partner with Property Management when a resident engages in a negative outcome indicator and offer support to the resident to positively and quickly rectify the situation.
- Facilitate resident meetings with Property Management and implement community engagement activities such as employment skills workshops, resident leadership councils, community health education workshops and social celebrations, often with the support of outside volunteers.
- Consistently track, measure and report program progress and outcomes through documentation and software.
Skills & Qualifications
- Cultural competence working with the Somali community preferred
- Somali language and communication skills preferred
- Experience navigating the Minneapolis area social service systems preferred
- Two or more years of related experience working directly with individuals experiencing or significantly impacted by mental health, substance use, poverty, and trauma
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations
- Must have a passion for ending homelessness and building community
- Experience in program development and management; volunteer coordination
- Skilled in relationship-building – ability to be a trusted partner
- Stellar Interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic approach to planning, promotion, and hosting group meetings and events
- Experience and/or exposure to Salesforce
- Flexible schedule required as meetings and events will occur on weekdays, weeknights and weekends
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and vehicle insurance
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Aeon offers an impressive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/983568.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.