Marketing Intern for Property Operations (Summer 2019)
Aeon is an award-winning nonprofit developer, owner and manager of high-quality affordable apartment homes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area. Aeon has built or renovated more than 4,100 apartments and townhomes, which provide stability to nearly 8,500 people each year – including individuals and families with low to moderate incomes and formerly homeless individuals. Established in 1986, Aeon has built quality affordable homes, connected residents to stabilizing resources and managed its properties as long-term assets. Aeon’s mission is to create and sustain quality affordable homes that strengthen lives and communities. To learn more about Aeon, please visit www.aeon.org.
The Marketing Intern plays an important role in helping Property Operations maintain 98% occupancy throughout Aeon’s current and future portfolio. Aeon’s Property Operations team has a mission to ensure all properties are great places to work and live, while making sure they are utilizing their full capacity to helping make home possible for low-income families and individuals. Under the supervision of the Marketing & Project Manager, the Marketing Intern will use marketing, sales, design and photography skills to promote Aeon properties and drive broader awareness and support of the organization.
Key position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Photography and videography. Using Property Operations DSLR camera, photoshop and Adobe Acrobat XI Pro, to capture and edit compelling photos and videos.
- Rent Café (websites). Support the Marketing & Project Manager with content and implementation of property websites, email generation, troubleshooting and assisting in resident registration and online payment procedures. Assist with implementing online leasing module.
- Lease up – The Louis. Support the Marketing & Project Manager and Portfolio Director in execution of the marketing plan for our new property in Prospect Park. This could include community outreach, maintaining prospective resident lists, and lease-up event planning/hosting.
Skills & Qualifications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, photoshop, and Adobe Acrobat preferred
- Strong communication and writing skills required
- Photography skills with DSLR camera helpful
- An interest in nonprofit marketing, communications and website maintenance
- Understanding of changing technologies, and ability to successfully utilize digital and other channels.
- Results-driven style, strong attention to detail and personal accountability
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds, demonstrating appropriate approaches to the needs and experiences of a diverse staff and resident base
- Willing to work individually, while retaining team-orientated goals.
- Outgoing and personable to community audiences.
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and access to a reliable vehicle
This is a full-time, paid internship experience. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Availability & Location
This position will be based at Aeon’s Central Office in the North Loop of Minneapolis. Schedule is flexible, but office work must be completed during regular office hours (8:30am-5pm, Monday-Friday) with some evening and weekend events possible. Aeon is seeking a candidate who can fill this role from mid-May to mid-August (flexible in timing) 2019.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your application and samples of written work, design and/or photography* to: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/1009948.html
*Work samples are preferred but not required to complete your application.
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.