Marketing and Communications Associate
Aeon is an award-winning nonprofit developer, owner and manager of high-quality affordable apartment homes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area. Aeon has built or renovated more than 4,100 apartments and townhomes, which provide stability to nearly 8,500 people each year – including individuals and families with low to moderate incomes and formerly homeless individuals. Established in 1986, Aeon has built quality affordable homes, connected residents to stabilizing resources and managed its properties as long-term assets. Aeon’s mission is to create and sustain quality affordable homes that strengthen lives and communities. To learn more about Aeon, please visit www.aeon.org.
This full time Marketing and Communications Associate will assist with the implementation of Aeon’s strategy organization-wide as part of the Advancement Team. The Advancement Team is responsible for managing the Aeon brand and driving revenue for the organization. Under the supervision of the Marketing and Communications Manager, this position will execute on the strategic marketing and communications plan, activities that promote, enhance, and protect Aeon’s brand and drive financial resources. This individual will be an ambassador for the organization, with a goal of fostering strong communication among Aeon employees, residents, and external constituents, as well as building broader awareness and support for the organization. The Marketing and Communications Associate will report to the Marketing and Communications Manager.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Graphic design. Use Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop to design print and digital collateral to support the organization’s awareness-building, fundraising, staff recruitment, property-based and housing development initiatives and activities. Coordinate printing and mailing with vendors to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Manage Aeon’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn). Develop content based on Aeon’s key messages and activities. Track and report on reach, engagement and outcomes for all channels. Update Aeon’s website regularly using WordPress. Design and distribute emails to Aeon’s audiences using MailChimp and support housefile building activities. Manage digital integrations with MailChimp, social media sites, Aeon’s website, Classy, and others.
- Resident Communications. Execute on Aeon’s resident communications plan, including creating and distributing collateral, and developing tools to support resident engagement. Serve as marketing point person for property staff.
- Employee Communications. Execute on employee communications plan at Aeon, including internal communications through the staff intranet, and activities to support employee recruitment.
- Photos and video. Take photos and shoot videos to supplement professional photographer and videographer work and enhance Aeon’s communications.
- Public relations. Monitor media coverage, develop media lists and distribute press releases using Meltwater.
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience in a marketing/communications function through employment or internship opportunities is required
- Ability to understand marketing and communications as it relates to Aeon’s brand-building and fundraising efforts
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop for print and digital design
- Proficient in WordPress and basic understanding of HTML/CSS
- Photography and videography skills are a plus
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Understanding of changing technologies, and ability to successfully utilize digital and other channels in integrated marketing, communication, and fundraising strategies
- Results-driven style, personal accountability, excellent time management skills, and the ability to develop strategies to meet both department-specific and organization-wide needs
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds, demonstrating sensitivity to the needs and experiences of a diverse staff and constituent base
Compensation is commensurate on experience. Our impressive benefits package for full-time employees includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/985323.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.