Maintenance Technician (Mound, MN)
Aeon is an award-winning nonprofit developer, owner and manager of high-quality affordable apartment homes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area. Aeon has built or renovated more than 4,100 apartments and townhomes, which provide stability to nearly 8,500 people each year – including individuals and families with low to moderate incomes and formerly homeless individuals. Established in 1986, Aeon has built quality affordable homes, connected residents to stabilizing resources and managed its properties as long-term assets. Aeon’s mission is to create and sustain quality affordable homes that strengthen lives and communities. To learn more about Aeon, please visit www.aeon.org.
We are seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team in Mound, MN performing all aspects of the physical operations of a 76-unit apartment and townhome community, Balsam Hill Apartments & Townhomes. This includes the responsibility to ensure that Aeon standards are met in each of the following areas: preventative maintenance, safety and security, physical condition, market appeal, customer service promises, and utility conservation standards. The Maintenance Technician will report directly to the Property Manager.
Key position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The completion of all service requests as assigned by performing a wide variety of general maintenance, repair and janitorial functions including:
- Appliance repair
- Lock changes
- Apartment turnovers
- Preventative maintenance
- Installation and repair of window coverings, doors, cabinets, light fixtures, etc;
- Cleaning of interior and exterior common areas to include:
- Vacuuming, sweeping, mopping
- Cleaning windows
- Inside/outside debris removal
- Seasonal duties: light snow removal, salting/sanding
- Must have 2+ years of proven knowledge and experience in all areas of general maintenance
- Possess a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and vehicle insurance
- Own basic tools
- Candidate must also have strong people skills and enjoy working with a diverse clientele
- Possess a prideful work ethic and be a team player
- Understand and follow oral and written directions
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb, bend and kneel
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally
• Ability to reach above and below the shoulders
• Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist and pull
• Withstand external weather conditions such as working outside in the rain, cold, heat or other adverse weather
Salary is commensurate with experience. Aeon offers an impressive benefit package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
For more information, or to apply now, visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/974032.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.