Help Desk Support Technician
Aeon is an award-winning nonprofit developer, owner and manager of high-quality affordable apartment homes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area. Aeon has built or renovated more than 4,100 apartments and townhomes, which provide stability to nearly 8,500 people each year – including individuals and families with low to moderate incomes and formerly homeless individuals. Established in 1986, Aeon has built quality affordable homes, connected residents to stabilizing resources and managed its properties as long-term assets. Aeon’s mission is to create and sustain quality affordable homes that strengthen lives and communities. To learn more about Aeon, please visit www.aeon.org.
We are seeking a Help Desk Support Technician to operate as an effective member of the IT team. This Help Desk Support Technician will help ensure that Aeon’s technology systems are efficient, reliable, and meet the growing technology needs of our continually expanding organization. The Help Desk Support Technician will office out of our Central Office in the North Loop of Minneapolis and will report to the IT Manager.
This work will include, but will not be limited to:
- Provide superior customer service, with one on one assistance to staff regarding technical issues either remotely, by phone, email, or in person
- Support and troubleshoot wired, wireless, and VPN connectivity for desktops, laptops, tablets, and mobile devices
- Assist with determination and isolation of pc hardware, software, network issues and problems and make recommendations for corrective action
- Provide insight and recommendations for technology direction and implementation
- Assist with management of servers and remote management software
- Install repurposed hardware and software as required by Aeon’s end of life cycle
- Assist with installations, moves, adds, changes, refreshes, testing and implementation of laptops, desktops, mobile devices, networking equipment and hardware
- Utilize help desk tracking and problem resolution software
- Assist with the management and maintenance of cell phones and tablets
- Document problem resolution and provide clear follow up and verification that issues are resolved prior to closing out help desk tickets
- Maintain security standards leveraging antivirus software and cyber security tools
- Assist with initial training and user set up processes
- Elevate tickets as needed to direct to next level of support
- Update IT manual as needed when additional items, troubleshooting techniques, and/or processes are acquired or addressed
- Continuation of learning new systems, assisting in troubleshooting and addressing issues as new systems are rolled out
- Receive, diagnose and resolve an average of 20 help desk tickets per day
- Adhere to Aeon’s service-level expectations related to IT prioritization re organizational impact
- Continually improve Aeon IT systems and performance by tracking solutions and imbedding them into organizational protocols
- Perform initial hardware set-up requirements accurately and completely for all new Aeon laptop and desktop computer systems
- Assist in ongoing efforts to protect the organization from Malware, Viruses, Phishing attempts and other cyber threats
- Consistently, accurately and professionally communicate with team members and Aeon staff to ensure clarity and quality ongoing relationships
- At least 3-5 years of experience in IT-related field
- CompTIA A+ Certification ideal
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Basic Server knowledge
- Ability to learn and adapt to innovative technology
Salary is commensurate with experience. Aeon offers an impressive benefit package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/987295.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.