Maintenance Technician (future position)
We’re growing! We are looking to identify great candidates for future Maintenance Technician roles as we continue to grow in our bold efforts to preserve affordable housing in our community! If you are interested in joining our team into the future, but are not quite ready to make a move yet, check out this great opportunity to support making home possible…
Aeon is an award-winning nonprofit developer, owner and manager of high-quality affordable apartment homes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area. Aeon has built or renovated more than 4,100 apartments and townhomes, which provide stability to nearly 8,500 people each year – including individuals and families with low to moderate incomes and formerly homeless individuals. Established in 1986, Aeon has built quality affordable homes, connected residents to stabilizing resources and managed its properties as long-term assets. Aeon’s mission is to create and sustain quality affordable homes that strengthen lives and communities. To learn more about Aeon, please visit www.aeon.org.
Aeon Maintenance Technicians perform all aspects of the physical operations of apartment communities ranging from 52-500+ units! We have positions with one Maintenance Technician and positions as part of a team of 4+ Maintenance Technicians. Our Maintenance Technicians have the responsibility to ensure that Aeon standards are met in each of the following areas: preventative maintenance, safety and security, physical condition, market appeal, customer service promises, and utility conservation standards. The Maintenance Technician will report directly to the Property Manager or Maintenance Supervisor depending on the property assignment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned by performing a wide variety of general maintenance and repair functions including:
- Appliance repair
- Lock changes
- Apartment turnovers
- Preventative maintenance
- Installation and repair of window coverings, doors, cabinets, light fixtures, etc;
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have 2+ years of proven knowledge and experience in all areas of general maintenance or related field
- Possess a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and vehicle insurance
- Own basic tools
- CPO and/or Boiler’s License and experience with boilers may be preferred depending on the property
- Candidate must also have strong people skills and enjoy working with a diverse clientele
- Possess a prideful work ethic and be a team player
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb, bend and kneel
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to reach above and below the shoulders
- Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist and pull
- Withstand external weather conditions such as working outside in the rain, cold, heat or other adverse weather
Compensation is commensurate on experience. Our impressive benefits package for full-time employees includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
We anticipate both full and part time positions will come available. Typical hours are between 8am-4:30pm Monday through Friday. There is NO on-call for our Maintenance Technician positions!
If you are interested in being considered for a future position with us, but are not quite ready yet to start the official interview process, please share your contact information and brief experience and/or resume through: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/949584.html
Please note: Current open Maintenance Technician positions are available. These postings can be found at www.aeon.org/careers
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.