Building Technician (Light General Maintenance and Janitorial)
Aeon is an award-winning nonprofit developer, owner and manager of high-quality affordable apartment homes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area. Aeon has built or renovated more than 4,100 apartments and townhomes, which provide stability to nearly 8,500 people each year – including individuals and families with low to moderate incomes and formerly homeless individuals. Established in 1986, Aeon has built quality affordable homes, connected residents to stabilizing resources and managed its properties as long-term assets. Aeon’s mission is to create and sustain quality affordable homes that strengthen lives and communities. To learn more about Aeon, please visit www.aeon.org.
We are seeking a highly motivated and dependable person to perform light general maintenance, inside janitorial work and outside groundskeeping for residential properties. The main focus of this position will be to maintain a clean, well maintained, enjoyable space for our residents in partnership with the maintenance and management team at one of our Brooklyn Center apartment communities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Changing furnace filters
- Electrical (changing light bulbs, outlet covers, etc.)
- Plumbing (snaking toilets, other light repairs)
- Installing blinds
- Changing smoke detector batteries
- Inside/outside debris removal
- Seasonal duties: light snow removal, salting/sanding
- Cleaning interior common areas
- Cleaning vacant apartments
- Vacuuming, sweeping, mopping
Skills and Qualifications
- 1+ years of light general maintenance and/or janitorial experience preferred
- Strong people and problem solving skills
- Be a team player
- Possess a prideful work ethic
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb, bend and kneel
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally
• Ability to reach above and below the shoulders
• Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist and pull
• Withstand external weather conditions such as working outside in the rain, cold, heat or other adverse weather
Starting at $15.00 per hour, plus an impressive benefits package which includes: health and dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plans, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
Typical hours are Monday through Friday, 8am-4:30pm (subject to change given property needs).
For more information, or to apply now, visit https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/826738.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.