Assistant Property Manager (Chaska, MN)
Aeon is an award-winning nonprofit developer, owner and manager of high-quality affordable apartment homes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area. Aeon has built or renovated more than 4,100 apartments and townhomes, which provide stability to nearly 8,500 people each year – including individuals and families with low to moderate incomes and formerly homeless individuals. Established in 1986, Aeon has built quality affordable homes, connected residents to stabilizing resources and managed its properties as long-term assets. Aeon’s mission is to create and sustain quality affordable homes that strengthen lives and communities. To learn more about Aeon, please visit www.aeon.org.
This polished professional will support the management of one of Aeon’s 117-unit apartment communities in Chaska, MN, Clover Field Marketplace. The Assistant Property Manager is a business leader who focuses on resident customer service and assists in managing operations, leasing activity, renewals, collections, financial reporting, supplies, and communications of a multi-million-dollar apartment community. This position requires unmatched customer service and someone who thrives in a customer-centric, fast-paced environment. This individual will also support the Property Manager in maintaining the physical building to protect and maintain the asset and promote financial health of the property by achieving the annual budget goals. The Assistant Property Manager reports to the Property Manager.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Resident/Property Relations: Respond to resident, vendor and management needs, issues, or problems. Duties may include: entering maintenance requests, granting access as needed, attending community meetings as needed and responding to emergencies.
- Property Finances: Lead the entire rent collection process including: issuing receipts to residents, preparing deposits, and creating delinquent letters. Support Property Manager with lease termination and legal action, if necessary. Assist in managing the property’s budget by making sound fiscal decisions to increase the net operating income of the community.
- Marketing & Leasing: Obtain occupancy goals as set by the budget/organization by marketing, processing applications, retaining residents, and affirmative marketing.
- Office/Administrative Support: Support the site office by being present during property office hours, answering telephone, filing, sorting mail, maintaining office equipment, ordering office supplies, referring residents, providing accurate rental information, and giving access to vendors/contractors.
- Physical Asset: Support the Property Manager to ensure unit and common area components pass all physical inspections. Inspect apartments during move-in and move outs, walking apartments and the community as needed.
- Compliance: Support the Property Manager in achieving overall compliance of the property, including, but not limited to collecting, processing and properly filing of the required information.
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous Property Management experience and/or a minimum of 2+ years of administrative support experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to engage in high level customer service that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations of residents, staffs, vendors, community members, etc… is required
- Must be a resourceful problem solver with an attention to details and a seeker of excellence who values results, hard work, customer service, and loyalty to Aeon’s mission
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, be adaptable and comfortable in a high energy environment
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Valid Drivers’ License, reliable vehicle and vehicle insurance required
Compensation is commensurate on experience. Our impressive benefits package for full-time employees includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/995857.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.